Staircasing Enquiry

The more shares you buy, the less rent you will have to pay to Peabody. Ultimately, if you staircase to 100% you become an outright owner and no longer have to pay any rent.

To start your journey to buying more shares in your home, please complete the Staircasing enquiry form. Once submitted, you will receive an email which will detail the next steps you will need to complete.

Once you submit the enquiry form, you will receive an email with steps to complete for Staircasing. If you do not receive this email within 20 minutes of your enquiry, please check your junk folder or contact us.

Want to speak to a member of our team?

Our team is happy to answer any further questions that you might have. Contact us at or call 0203 478 9875.

Important, please read before making a Staircasing Enquiry:

Before completing the Staircasing enquiry form, it is important you read the following information. As a result of building safety regulations, some lenders are requiring certain properties to have a completed EWS1 form. It is important you understand whether you will need to complete this before committing to any costs in relation to your Staircasing request:

If your building is 4 stories (18 meters) and BELOW

The Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government (MHCLG) has stated that an EWS1 form is only a requirement for high-rise buildings over 4 stories (18 meters) tall.

A lender may still wish to request this information which is currently unavailable until the building inspection has been carried out and certified. 

Peabody is unable to give any time frame around when this will be provided at present, however, you can still proceed with Staircasing at this time and suggest you speak to one of our Independent Mortgage Advisors (IMA) who can advise on mortgage availability.

Please note that buildings over 18 meters are being prioritised for inspection and Peabody will be in contact with leaseholders when we have a date for building inspections.

If Peabody DO NOT manage your building

If your building is managed by an external agent and not Peabody, you will need to directly contact the managing agent who will advise on any program of works and if the EWS1 form is available for your mortgage lender.

If you're unsure who your managing agent is, you can find this out on your lease. 

If your building is four stories (18 meters) and ABOVE

DO NOT proceed with getting a financial assessment or arranging for a valuation for Staircasing.

Your mortgage provider will require an EWS1 Form. You will need to speak to the Peabody Team to discuss what information is held on your building before proceeding any further with a Staircasing application.